Boston or remote (United States)
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants. As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation.
We are looking for an energetic person with five or more years of relevant, hands on experience to join our DevOps Engineering team. Here at Reify, you will help deliver Production ready code in a secure and automated way. You will ensure that our systems are online, available, and fault tolerant. And you will be part of a growing team of people who share our core values of respect and empathy.
- Support a running production environment and aid Product Owners in responding to customer facing issues
- Help development engineering squads design and deploy product by improving CI, suggesting architecture improvements, writing scripts, creating containers, reviewing code, participating in release, etc
- Maintain and improve PostgreSQL (Postgres) database operations by reviewing queries, examining maintenance plans, aiding in Disaster Recovery planning and drills, and other tasks
- Focus on application security and compliance obligations when reviewing code and implementing solutions
- Aid in the planning and migration of Production systems from PaaS to AWS native applications
- Develop and enhance tools to improve observability of the events of our sub-systems (as championed by Charity Majors)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Ability to troubleshoot performance problems and system outagesKnowledge of Linux based operating systems, shell scripting, and general computer networking
- Skilled at implementing secure, public facing AWS Cloud based systemsAbility to configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, et al
- Knowledge of distributed source control branching strategies and development paradigms
- Skilled at containerizing applications with Docker or similar technology
- Ability to create, manage, and deploy infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Ability to deploy, configure, and utilize monitoring and tracing services, such as New Relic and Datadog
- 5+ years of DevOps or relevant technical experience
- Experience with regulatory regimes such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setup and management of authentication controls, VPN’s, KMS, etc
- We use Auth0, Aptible, and Confluent Cloud here at Reify; have you?
- Experience operating and querying an ELK stack or similar solutionKnowledge of functional programming languages and philosophy (or existing Clojure chops!)
- Experience in a startup environment, or as a fully remote employee - we use Slack and Zoom extensively, and our team is largely comprised of remoters
- Relevant experience in a healthcare/health-tech company
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health / Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program.
- Company-provided Workstation You have the option of getting a brand new Macbook Pro laptop
- Location Convenience & Transportation We are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We also completely eschew the “bro culture” sometimes found at startups.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!