Software Engineer (Back End)
Boston or remote (United States)
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our team, you will play a significant role in a small and growing technology team, further establishing our foundation for a culture of impact and empathy.
- Deliver a world-class user experience with HIPAA-compliant technology to address complex, real-world problems in healthcare.
- Work closely with our design and product teams as product features move from product specs to production software.
- Work with backend and frontend projects to build high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Be a significant team player in a small and growing technology team.
- Strive for technological excellence and accomplishment by driving modern processes and standards for work.
- Our primary applications are interactive ClojureScript web applications built atop React.
- Our backend API is written in Clojure and our primary data store is PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Clojure(Script) or other functional programming languages preferred.
- Bonus: Data engineering experience with solutions that include Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Onyx or Samza.
- Bonus: Experience building mobile web, native or hybrid applications (e.g. React Native).
Nice to Haves
- Experience with product development. We believe empathy for users is the foundation of good products.
- Open source experience. We look for opportunities to extract and open source libraries from production code that would be beneficial to others. It helps the community and helps us to build at a high level of quality.
- Interest in helping a small team grow. We've built products that our customers love and address core problems they face, and we've done that as a small team. Help us grow sustainably to build the best team we can.
- Experience with healthcare related technologies. Any previous healthcare experience is appreciated as it increases the potential to take our products in new and interesting directions.
Compensation and Perks
- Meaningful salary and stock option package -- commensurate to your experience and expertise. Compensation varies from mid-level to very senior.
- Health (including telemedicine), dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We pay 100% of your premiums and more than half for dependents.
- PTO: 2 weeks vacation plus standard holidays that can be floated.
- Macbook Pro or similar laptop provided for those who prefer a separate work computer.
- A public transportation monthly pass. We are a short 2-3 minute walk from South Station.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!