Software Engineer (Back End)
Boston or remote (United States)
At Reify Health, we are building a more creative healthcare system. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
Our healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, potentially life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s product helps both the research leaders driving forward clinical trials and the doctors and nurses who care for the patient participants.
As we continue scaling the adoption of our product, we accelerate world-class clinical research and unlock innovation. By joining our team, you will play a significant role in our growing engineering team, further establishing our foundation for a culture of impact and empathy.
- Deliver an extraordinary user experience with HIPAA-compliant technology to address complex, real-world problems in healthcare.
- Work with backend and frontend projects to build high-quality, maintainable, and well-tested code.
- Strive for technological excellence and accomplishment by driving modern processes and standards for work.
- Collaborate with our design and product teams as product features move from product specs to production software.
- Become a significant teammate in our Bro-Free Zone by communicating well and being humble.
- Our primary applications are interactive ClojureScript web applications built atop React.
- Our backend API is written in Clojure and our primary data store is PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Clojure(Script) or other functional programming languages preferred. In absence of experience, enthusiastic interest to learn our tech.
- Bonus: Data engineering experience with solutions that include Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Onyx or Samza.
- Bonus: Experience building mobile web, native or hybrid applications (e.g. React Native).
Nice to Haves
- Experience with product development. You believe empathy for users is the foundation of good products.
- Open source experience. You look for opportunities to extract and open source libraries from production code that would be beneficial to others. It helps the community and helps us to build at a high level of quality.
- Interest in helping our team grow. Help us grow sustainably as we build products our customers love.
- Experience with healthcare related technologies. Any previous healthcare experience is appreciated as it increases the potential to take our products in new and interesting directions.
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options Competitive salary ($100-150k) and meaningful stock options -- commensurate to your experience and expertise. Compensation varies from mid-level to very senior.
- Comprehensive Health / Wellness Coverage Health (including telemedicine), dental, vision, disability and life insurance. We pay 100% of your premiums and more than half for dependents.
- Retirement Plan 401(k) with company match
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid-time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
- Company-provided Workstation Brand new MacBook Pro provided.
- Location Convenience & Transportation A public transportation monthly pass provided for Boston residents. We are a short 2-3 minute walk from Downtown Crossing. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more.
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are currently only considering US citizens or Green Card holders. Thanks!