Engineering – Engineering team - London
Who is REKKI?
REKKI is an app that makes ordering between independent restaurants and suppliers easier, more efficient and more accountable.
Engineering at REKKI
We work in small, focussed teams and take ownership of the things we build, allowing everyone to have impact and influence. Our user-centric approach means we collaborate with people across the business, and we're always willing to try something new if it's the best thing for the REKKI community. We're not scared to take risks that we believe will pay off in the long term, even if that means building our own tools from scratch.
What will you be doing?
- Work in a small, focussed, multidisciplinary team (product manager, frontend engineers, product designers, QAs)
- Take responsibility for new features, from design to implementation and maintenance
- Work closely with other teams, including customer support and sales, to understand the needs of the users and the business
- Be involved in discussions shaping our culture and the direction of REKKI
- Experience working with and optimizing relational databases (Postgres)
- Experience building and using high quality APIs (JSON/REST-based and otherwise)
- Proficiency with git + GitHub or GitLab
- Experience working in product led environments
Nice to have
- Understanding of the challenges in building distributed applications
- Experience working with message broker systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience building microservice based applications
- Experience with infrastructure tools we use (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, …)
- Some basic experience with React
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Food cooked daily by our in-house chef in our North West London offices
Why Join REKKI?
We take ownership of the things we build, allowing everyone to have impact and influence. Our approach is collaborative with people across the business, and we are always willing to try something new. We are not scared to take risks that we believe will pay off in the long term, like building our own tools from scratch.
Our team is made up of passionate hard working people (many who are ex-chefs and former REKKI users themselves) who are dedicated to making REKKI a world-class product for the people we serve.
Closing date: 1st February 2020
Location: North West London