Director of DevOps
Remote United States /
Engineering – Cloud Engineering /
We are Relativity. A market-leading, global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful platform to organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. The US Department of Justice, 199 of the Am Law 200, and more than 329,000 enabled users trust Relativity during litigation, internal investigations, and compliance projects.
Our SaaS product, RelativityOne, has become the fastest-growing product in the company's history and we have consistently been named a great workplace. As we grow, we continue to seek individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
We believe that great talent is not bound by geography and that what you do matters more than where you do it. Relativity has assumed a hybrid work strategy, allowing choice and flexibility for employees to work either from home, a physical Relativity office location (once safe to do so), or a combination of the two, within certain logistical boundaries. Submit your application to learn more from our recruiters or contact us for more details.
The Director of DevOps is the leader among leaders for the Engineering Systems engineering vertical. Engineering Systems is responsible for inspiring and enabling Relativity Engineering to adopt DevOps principles by providing DevOps tools, frameworks, and thought leadership. The Director role models passion, accountability and creativity while leading an inclusive and diverse engineering organization in solving DevOps challenges.
Build High Performing Teams
- Champion inclusion and diversity
- Lead the leaders of productive, accountable, and passionate engineering teams that thrive on solving complex problems for our clients
- Identify and recruit world-class talent
Provide Clarity From Ambiguity
- Partner with your peer in Product Management in the creation of a vision and associated roadmaps
- Translate business objectives into strategy and communicate it clearly to your teams
- Become an expert in the DevOps domain
- Innovate and create solutions for advancing
- Own the execution of your teams
- Reinforce a culture of agile development and continuous delivery that is focused on customer value
- Lead the development of a secure, performant and scalable architecture
- Align the organization and be a change agent for Engineering Excellence
- Guide the organization in the adoption of DevOps practices and tools
- Experience managing remote teams or individual staff in remote locations is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the software engineering discipline, including fault-tolerant, high-performance, cloud-native systems in a SaaS world
- Excellence knowledge of DevOps capabilities and practices including continuous integration, continuous testing, continuous deployment
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- A leader among leaders who can motivate, instill accountability and achieve results
- Ability to perform under the pressure and optimize the team's resources to attain the business goals
- In depth knowledge of agile product development methodologies
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- 10+ years of experience managing software product development teams
- 10+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications with a proven track record of building and leading successful engineering teams
At Relativity, we live our core values and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service, and we’re always looking for people to join us on the journey.
Relativity is a team of smart, passionate people always looking to grow, contribute, and make our product and customer service the best it can be. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.