Senior Software Engineer with Elasticsearch
Engineering – Discovery /
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Search Excellence Team, you will be engaged in development and support of our search platform. Working with the team, you will identify and implement optimizations, drive enhancements, define and promote best practices, design, and plan the future of the service. You will work with Lead Engineer to continually align the service roadmap with the search platform's vision.
The Search Excellence Team
Relativity Search is a suite of applications that empower customers to find relevant information, retrieve and present it. Search products include document ingestion, index building, searching, and search term reports execution. Stable and high performant Search directly impacts customer experience and is critical for the organization.
The Search Excellence Team develops solutions to enhance the Relativity Search experience, builds, maintains, and monitors the Elasticsearch infrastructure, optimizes search performance and applies data science techniques to reduce search related costs.
- Contribute to a Scrum team that builds and maintains large-scale platform in a DevOps environment,
- Produce high quality code with use of good software engineering practices,
- Troubleshoot issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems,
- After gathering relevant experience, you will periodically be handling customer technical support as a second line of support.
- Bachelor in computer science, Engineering, or similar technical degree,
- 5+ years of experience in software development of commercial-grade systems and applications,
- Strong Problem-Solving skills,
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration,
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable solutions in cloud environment (Azure, AWS, Google), Azure experience is a plus,
- Experience working with ELK stack and search technologies including good understanding of how to scale and monitor Elasticsearch infrastructure, Elastic Cloud Enterprise is a plus,
- Hands-on experience programming in object-oriented languages, C# is preferred,
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools and scripting languages used in infrastructure configuration (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Ruby),
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with container technologies,
- Understanding of DevOps principles and hands-on experience working with CI/CD approach,
- Freely navigating the Linux OS,
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, developing, troubleshooting, and optimizing SQL queries,
- Experience working and developing applications with .NET framework is a strong plus,
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying.
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.