Advanced Software Engineer (remote)
Engineering – Discovery + /
Are you looking for a hybrid or remote work opportunity? Are you interested in a workplace that allows for flexibility in your day? Are you ready for a workplace that provides benefits that suit your needs?
Text IQ is a Top 100 AI company trusted by the world's largest enterprises including Honeywell, AstraZeneca, Intel, Boehringer Ingelheim, BASF and Cardinal Health. With a re-imagined approach to identifying, managing and mitigating risk in enterprise data, Text IQ's pioneering AI technology uncovers 90% of sensitive information at a 75% reduction in cost and time. Enterprises, law firms, and government organizations have used Text IQ's AI to identify and protect sensitive and confidential information, reduce risk, elevate their privacy programs, and create fair and inclusive workplaces. Read more about Text IQ on TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Fortune, Forbes, and Axios.
Recently, Text IQ joined forces with Relativity, a unicorn and leading data platform, which has more than 300,000 users in over 49 countries and serves thousands of organizations globally—primarily in legal, financial services and government sectors, including the U.S. Department of Justice and 198 of the Am Law 200. By joining hands with Relativity, we are excited to realize our shared vision of helping customers organize their data, discover the truth, and act on it.
We're looking for a Advanced Software Engineer to join our Privacy IQ Engineering team. Come work together with a dynamic group of talented professionals focusing on revolutionizing AI and its applications! This role reports to Maxine Chan - Engineering Manager.
Your role in action:
- Improve and scale our complex distributed data processing pipeline
- Create tools to automate and optimize processes across disciplines
- Actively participate in the on-call schedule to investigate and fix production issues
- Participate in code reviews
- Focus on quality through comprehensive unit and integration testing
- 2+ years of software development of commercial-grade systems and applications
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Experience with Linux command-line and system administration basics
- Familarity with Azure or similar cloud infrastructure
- Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures and computational complexity
- Ability to consistently deliver elegant, modular and scalable solutions in a timely manner
- Obsession with software quality and empathy for customer experience
We’d particularly love it if you have:
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Experience building AI-powered products that utilize Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed processing technologies: Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Exposure to NoSQL database systems: MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch
Relativity is a diverse workplace with different skills and life experiences—and we love and celebrate those differences. We believe that employees are happiest when they're empowered to be their full, authentic selves, regardless how you identify.
Comprehensive health plan
Flexible work arrangements
Two, week-long company breaks per year
Unlimited time off
Long-term incentive program
Training investment program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.