Marketing – Marketing /
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Reporting to the Community Marketing Lead, we’re looking for an Events Manager to develop and execute our event strategy to drive brand awareness and acquisition of new Relay customers. This role will be part of the Marketing team and will cross-functionally work with various departments across the organization including RevOps, Finance, Sales and Customer Experience. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside a group of dedicated, creative and passionate individuals who thrive on being champions for small businesses.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop and execute an events strategy to drive brand awareness and acquisition
- Build deep, trusted relationships with leaders and influencers in industry segments by cementing Relay as the best business banking solution for their communities, in their online courses, as a sponsor at in-person events, and through content activations
- Secure 2-4 in-person event sponsorships a month, attend 2 in-person event sponsorships a month, and execute 2-4 virtual activations a week. These could be trade shows, retreats, meetups, virtual training sessions, webinars, etc.
- Grow our acquisition via this channel by 1.5x
- Analyze and report on the performance of activations while making continuous improvements to outcomes
- Successfully manage concurrent timelines and budgets with ease
- Frequent travel to the United States for in-person events, trade shows, conferences and meetups
Who You Are:
- You have 3+ years of experience working in event marketing with a high level of ownership
- You are eager to dive into the numbers, deliver actionable outcomes and find creative solutions to complex initiatives
- You have thoughtful communication skills and experience managing a variety of stakeholders across different teams
- You are a team player; inspiring candor and trust while working cross-functionally across our Relay teams
- You have a proven ability to prioritize tasks that maximize your impact while working with full autonomy
- You have experience with marketing CRM and reporting tools (e.g. Salesforce, Iterable, etc.)
- You care deeply about small businesses and their owners/operators
- You have an affinity for travelling and are eager to work events in different cities within the United States
- You have managed influencers or content creators
- You have experience and enjoy public speaking
- You have prior fintech or tech start-up background and have worked in a fast-paced, scrappy and innovative environment
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Community Marketing Lead
- Stage 3: A take-home case study + writing sample on how you would build an event planning strategy, followed by a 1-hour presentation of your solution to our Marketing team
- Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Leadership team
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.