Mid/Senior DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Engineering – DevOps /
Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
The Polish division of relayr is responsible for developing software for the IoT enterprise platform with all software designed, implemented, and tested in Katowice. We also provide support for the installation and maintenance of our software for clients across the globe.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and managing the release processes of code and applications through development, test, and production environments. You will collaborate closely with the development teams in an agile environment and lead the implementation of test and release processes, allowing the code to be continuously tested and built for different platforms and targets. You will work in a full end-to-end scenario where the hardware and the cloud are bridged together by our team, ensuring the released solutions meet quality standards as they are deployed in real scenarios.
The position is based in Katowice. You can work remotely but since we value team culture we would like you to visit our office and meet us in person.
Above all we are looking for people who will contribute to the success of relayr. We love diverse experiences, so even if you don't meet all the requirements but think you'd thrive in this role, we would really like to learn more about you.
A day in the life of a DevOps Engineer at relayr:
- Manage the release cycle of the code developed for different projects and platforms.
- Design and implement automation solutions for build, test, and deployment
- Work closely with Development teams to improve our continuous integration and testing system.
- Propose new initiatives and improvements to the tools and in-house frameworks.
- At least 3+ years of experience in DevOps or relevant experience in Software Development, or QA
- Experience with Azure Cloud Provider
- Experience with managing cloud infrastructure with Terraform or Azure Resource Templates
- Experience with containerisation orchestration tools like Kubernetes (on-prem or cloud) and managing production level clusters
- Experience with CI/CD and knowledge of Jenkins
- Knowledge of Linux administration and networking
- Good grasp of SDLC concepts and knowledge of source code management best practices
- Good command of English.
You will have a significant advantage if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or similar fields
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Experience programming in Python/Golang and shell
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins Pipeline and Job DSL is a plus
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Katowice city centre with a relaxation room, free coffee, snacks, and standing desks.
- Get exposed to international colleagues and customers from around the globe. Our working languages are Polish and English!
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team.
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free English classes.
- Have some fun with regular get-togethers, including sports events, seasonal parties, international trips and meetings.
- Competitive salary.
- IP author’s rights tax reliefs due to creative type of work (prawa autorskie).
- Benefits package, including private health care, life insurance, and fitness passes.
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute and LuxMed to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine.
- Hands-on experience with cutting edge technology, space for research and exploration.
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.