Machine Learning Specialist
Computation & Informatics – Computation
- We are looking for a highly motivated, curious, interdisciplinary machine learning expert to help us integrate computational and experimental insights to develop therapies in novel ways. Is that you?
- You will use state of the art computational methods, in conjunction with information generated by a variety of biophysical techniques, to aid in the design of novel therapeutics that take advantage of protein motion. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to drive drug discovery.
- You will carry out analyses that combine computational and experimental data to develop testable hypotheses that propel drug discovery programs
- Collaborate with scientists throughout the company to improve the impact of computational efforts on projects
- You'll work collaboratively with external computational groups to develop and refine new computational methods
- Ensure effective communication of computational results across departments and teams
- Join a world-class team of machine learning researchers with an extensive track record in both academia and industry.
- You'll develop new approaches to streamline and enhance computational workflows
- You have an advanced degree in mathematics, physical, life, or computer science
- Do you have knowledge of chemistry or biology? This will be required
- You've got solid grounding in statistics, probability theory, data modeling, machine learning algorithms and programming languages used to implement analytics solutions
- You have significant experience with AI/ML platforms
- Working knowledge of tools such as scikit-learn and Tensorflow
- You have deep experience with data modeling and analytics solution stacks
- Expertise building classification and regression models
- You are a well-rounded, open communicator who loves working with science partners
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their full self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a new breed of company at the intersection of computation and biotechnology that is committed to creating medicines that will have a transformative impact on patients.
We combine unprecedented computational power with leading-edge experimental approaches across the fields of structural biology, biophysics, chemistry, and biology. This integration illuminates – for the first time – the full mobility of a protein and provides key insights into how the dynamic nature of a protein’s conformation regulates function. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients’ lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face. We go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you.
At Relay, our team is driven by the ultimate collaboration across each of our drug discovery disciplines. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery is a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. Our initial programs are focused on developing therapeutics in oncology.
Relay Therapeutics is a private company launched in 2016 with financing from Third Rock Ventures and an affiliate of D. E. Shaw Research. To date the company has raised $520M from investors including Third Rock Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund, GV, Casdin Capital, BVF Partners, EcoR1 Capital, Foresite Capital, Perceptive Advisors, Tavistock Group and an affiliate of D.E. Shaw Research.