Scientist I - Computation & Informatics
Cambridge, MA /
Computation & Informatics – Computation /
Relay Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated molecular dynamics researcher to join our rapidly growing team. This individual will work closely with members of our computational group to develop and implement state of the art workflows that drive drug discovery projects.
- Investigate hardware and software approaches to long-timescale molecular dynamics simulations
- Benchmark and compare insights derived from multiple simulation approaches
- Integrate new methodologies into industry-leading molecular dynamics workflows
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to maximize the impact of simulations on drug discovery projects
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology, Biophysics, or a related discipline, with a specific focus on molecular dynamics methodology
- Strong background in statistical mechanics
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, molecular dynamics of protein-ligand systems
- 0 to 5 years of industrial or postdoctoral experience
- Facility working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Demonstrated ability to program in Python
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to conduct independent research
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology and genetic diseases. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!