Research Associate/Senior Research Associate
Chemistry – Chemistry
- We are looking for a self-motivated researcher with a strong background in Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry to join our Medicinal Chemistry team. You will have access to some of the smartest people you’ve ever worked with and all the tools and resources you need to do the best work of your career.
- We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll have fun in our collaborative and energetic environment where you’ll face new challenges every day.
- If you are flexible and fearless in the face of rapidly evolving data, then we want you to join us and discover the next generation of innovative therapeutics based on protein motion!
- You’ll take a key role in Relay’s design, synthesis and purification of small molecule therapeutics. Within this role, you will independently design synthetic routes and solve complex synthetic problems. We also look for you to lead the synthetic effort of program teams into new areas and to demonstrate a high level of creativity and productivity at the bench.
- We’ll depend on you to be up to date on the scientific literature to bring in the newest scientific findings, ideas and methods or technologies for discovery research.
- You can expect that analysis, interpretation, documentation as well as presentation within our group and project teams will be part of your day. You may also be asked to present your team’s work at external meetings and scientific conferences.
- You will work closely and collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Your voice is important, and we will count on you to contribute to group knowledge and expertise through collaboration and idea exchange across teams.
- You earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry with an emphasis on synthetic organic chemistry or a related field.
- You have spent 5 or more years gaining relevant industry experiencein medicinal chemistry.
- You have a proven track record of excellence as exhibited by high impact, peer-reviewed publications and/or patents.
- You have superior laboratory skills and proficiency in experimental design.
- You are comfortable with using predictive tools to enable your compound designs.
- You are self-motivated with a proactive mindset.
- You enjoy working independently as well as interacting with a multidisciplinary team of structural biologists, biophysicists, biologists, computational chemists, pharmacologists, and external collaborators.
- You are committed to building an energetic, collaborative and open company culture and contributing to the company’s success.
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a new breed of company at the intersection of computation and biotechnology that is committed to creating medicines that will have a transformative impact on patients.
We combine unprecedented computational power with leading-edge experimental approaches across the fields of structural biology, biophysics, chemistry, and biology. This integration illuminates – for the first time – the full mobility of a protein and provides key insights into how the dynamic nature of a protein’s conformation regulates function. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients’ lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face. We go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you.
At Relay, our team is driven by the ultimate collaboration across each of our drug discovery disciplines. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery is a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. Our initial programs are focused on developing therapeutics in oncology.
Relay Therapeutics is a private company launched in 2016 with financing from Third Rock Ventures and an affiliate of D. E. Shaw Research. To date the company has raised $520M from investors including Third Rock Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund, GV, Casdin Capital, BVF Partners, EcoR1 Capital, Foresite Capital, Perceptive Advisors, Tavistock Group and an affiliate of D.E. Shaw Research.