Principal Scientist / Team Lead, Medicinal Chemistry
Cambridge, MA /
Chemistry – Chemistry /
- Does delivering a great small molecule hit, lead or development candidate thrill you? We get excited, too, and we are building the best environment in the industry to discover the drugs that will make a difference for patients. We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced Medicinal Chemist to join our team and to help drive projects from lead generation through candidate selection in a highly collaborative environment.
- We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll have fun in our collaborative and energetic environment where you’ll face new challenges every day.
- If you are flexible and fearless in the face of rapidly evolving data, then we want you to join us and discover the next generation of innovative therapeutics based on protein motion!
- You will apply your drug hunting expertise to leading teams and developing strategy across the spectrum of drug discovery, from hit validation to development candidate selection. You will work closely and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of computational chemists, biophysicists, cell and molecular biologists, pharmacologists, and DMPK specialists. You see how all the aspects of compound performance are necessary to make it a drug, and you can communicate that effectively to your discovery partners.
- You will work with chemists at Relay as well as with teams at CROs to advance your projects.
- You will contribute to the chemistry team’s development of a platform for efficient project execution by identifying and establishing collaborations with both academic and industry partners to expand our capabilities. Internally, you will help drive the implementation of cutting-edge in silico methods of compound design and data analysis to facilitate rapid SAR decision making.
- You were educated in chemistry with an emphasis on synthetic organic chemistry, synthetic methodology or a related field.
- You have 7+ years of relevant biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in medicinal chemistry, with an emphasis on small molecule drug discovery.
- You have participated in the delivery of clinical candidates from discovery into development, and your track record of excellence is supported by high impact, peer-reviewed publications and/or patents. You have led or are ready to lead a team and make critical decisions on the SAR direction.
- Our current portfolio is oncology-focused, so experience in this therapeutic area and related targets is a strong plus.
- You are comfortable enabling your compound design with in silico predictive tools and structure-based drug design.
- You have strong communication skills, can flex to different work styles, and believe that the best outcomes result from bringing out the creativity of your colleagues.
- You are committed to building an energetic, collaborative and open company culture and contributing to the company’s success.
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!