Senior Scientist, Chemistry
Cambridge, MA /
Chemistry – Chemistry /
The Relay team:
Our company was founded on the premise that protein motion can be used to build breakthrough medicines. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients’ lives.
Our extraordinary team is equal parts bright and bold, with a real passion for working in intellectually stimulating environments. We look for people who are committed to working together in a collaborative, rigorous and daring culture.
We’ve built the kind of work environment that not only gets, but keeps people excited and focused. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery will be a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients we serve. We're building a company for the ages, a place where people don't come here to play it safe, but instead where they can go the distance. Are you ready to #jointherelay?
- You will join a world class multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists to identify and prioritize screening hits, solve complex synthetic and medicinal chemistry problems leading to the discovery of new clinical candidates
- You will lead the synthetic and medicinal chemistry efforts of program teams into new areas. You'll be expected to demonstrate a high level of creativity and productivity at the bench
- Apply structure-based drug design and computational approaches to prioritize targets
- Analyze and interpret SAR, PK, ADME, selectivity, physicochemical properties
- You will proactively review literature to bring in the newest scientific findings, ideas, and methods/technologies for discovery research
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings in internal and external scientific meetings/conferences
- You'll also flex your top-notch writing skills by contributing to patent, report, and scientific publications
- You've spent at least 3 years in industry, or have relevant postdoctoral training
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry
- You're familiar with small molecule drug discovery
- You have a proven track record of excellence as exhibited by high impact, peer-reviewed publications and/ or patents
- You have superior laboratory skills and proficiency in experimental design
- You're self-motivated with a proactive mindset
- Ability to work independently and to interact with a multidisciplinary team of medicinal chemists, biophysicists, biologists, computational chemists, pharmacologists, and external collaborators
- Capability to work within a dynamic matrix environment, contributing to project strategies and progression
- And of course, you have excellent oral / written communication and presentation skills
At Relay, we believe that along with our scientists, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Top Places to Work" in 2017 & 2018. To drive that culture, we encourage each employee to bring their full selves to work every single day so they can function in a highly creative and authentic way. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!