Vancouver Island /
We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a Production Manager to support us on several ongoing projects. The Production Manager is responsible for the organizational setup of an animated series. You’ll work closely with your production team, and communicate with all show supervisors, to make sure every department has what they need to operate smoothly and deliver on time/on budget.
Who are you?
- You’ve got 4+ years experience working in animation production, 1+ year experience in a similar role
- You have proven experience managing large teams of people
- You’re highly organized and resourceful with effective time management skills and strong attention to detail
- You’re exceptional at scheduling and familiar with production tracking software
- You have thorough knowledge of animation pipelines (2D and 3D)
- You’re a strong leader with the ability to inspire, mentor and motivate your team and remain calm and focused under pressure
- You’re an effective and clear communicator that’s unafraid to ask hard questions, identify solutions, and troubleshoot
- You’re “proficient” (meaning: really great at using) Google Apps, including Docs, Sheets, Drive and Meet
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
- You’ll manage the day to day communication and workflow of the production
- You’ll attend daily scrums, internal reviews, client calls and any relevant show meetings each week
- You’ll lead and mentor a team of production coordinators and assistants
- You’ll insure project tracking and asset management is maintained by production team
- You’ll create, track and maintain department specific deadlines based on the agreed master production schedule
- You’ll work with the client assumptions to keep the show in scope and flag any concerns (creative or resource wise) that may impact budget
- You’ll preemptively identify issues/work with the team to brainstorm and suggest solutions
- You’ll check in regularly with supervisors to make sure they have what they need to keep their departments running smoothly
- You’ll develop and maintain communication with the client at the production level
- You’ll help to insure the client is happy with the production and that the production is up to Relish standards
- You’ll communicate the project status directly with the Supervising Producer to make sure production schedule and resources are aligning with budget
- You’ll generate a weekly show report tracking individual departments and the production as a whole
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your animation experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team). Apply today or send an email out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot!
Important to know: This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference for full-time permanent positions will be given to those located in BC. Since COVID began, we’ve been working remotely, and at this point we don’t see ourselves ever going back to the office full-time. We continue to have office space you’re free to work at, or to use for brainstorming sessions and meetings. Your day can start by hopping into our Google Workspace (from anywhere) to catch up on project chats, and ask your Producer what you should be focused on that day. You’ll be expected to participate in a quick daily standup with your Producer and team, and provide regular status updates.