Hey there, we’re Relish! From finely crafted animated content to award-winning games and apps that entertain and educate, the secret ingredient is our people: they’re diverse, creative, and incredibly talented.
We’re looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for general bookkeeping and accounting functions, and you will contribute to financial operations and the critical role it plays in production and organizational reporting and controls.
Who are you?
- You’re detail-driven. You’re comfortable with complex financial data. You enjoy generating and designing reports that help the business understand and achieve better financial performance.
- You thrive in environments that require you to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. With 3 or more years of experience behind you, you’re also well versed in fundamental bookkeeping tasks including journal entries, expenses and bank reconciliations, cash flow analysis, month-end and year-end reporting, accounts receivables and payables.
- You’ve got expert knowledge of Quickbooks, or similar accounting software
- You have experience with accounts payable tools like Dext, Plooto etc.
- You have a solid understanding of sales, corporate, health and payroll tax
- You have payroll experience, and ideally, understand Ontario and BC employment law as it applies to payroll practices
- Experience with Ontario digital media, SR&ED and/or BC production tax credits is an asset
- Experience with agency production cost reporting is a distinct advantage
- You’re analytical and hands-on, with the ability to explain financial and accounting reports in plain language
- You hold yourself to high standards of clear communication, both written and verbal.
- You’re self-motivated and proactive
- You love contributing to process design, and you get a kick out of creating efficiencies in workflow
Wait, that's me! What would my day look like?
- Reporting through the Operational Accountant/Controller to the CFO, you will leverage established processes to complete full-cycle bookkeeping and accounting:
- You’ll process financial transactions and journal entries on a daily basis
- You’ll support and manage Accounts Payables and Receivables
- You’ll complete reconciliations – inter-company, bank and credit card accounts
- You’ll prepare ad hoc and monthly financial and management reports
- You’ll prepare reports for year-end financial statements and tax filings
- You’ll prepare materials for tax credit applications and reporting (SR&ED, Ontario Digital Media, and BC Film & TV)
- You’ll help prepare cost reports for the production team on a bi-weekly basis
- You’ll run payroll and manage ROEs and severance calculations
- You’ll manage Benefits and Group RSP plan contributions
- You’ll manage expenses and reimbursements
- You’ll consult with Accounting, Finance and Production teammates to improve process and procedure
- You’ll communicate with the team to follow up on reporting and resolve questions
Yes, I want in! How do I get started?
This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada (the position is Remote).