Lighting and Compositing Artist
Hey there! We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some of our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a Lighting and Compositing Artist to provide support on a current CG Animation project.
Who are you?
- You’ve got experience managing and inspecting the rendering process within a full-cycle production, monitoring a render farm, and reviewing renders for consistency
- You’re proficient in Maya, Redshift, and Nuke.
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability. You’re an effective and open communicator who’s open to feedback, and able to quickly implement it
- You’re a quick learner--and able to adapt to new tools specific to the production
- You’re a team player, ready to collaborate during regular production meetings and able to mentor talent when required
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
- You’ll light CG scenes to ensure renders achieve the look, quality and technical standards set for the project
- You’ll develop lighting setups that can be used across a sequence of shots
- Assist in editing or creating shaders
- Prepare and optimize assets and scenes for rendering in Redshift, according to project specifications and needs
- You’ll troubleshoot render issues
- You’ll composite rendered CG elements and deliver final shots
- You’ll Communicate with the production team clearly and regularly
- You’ll participate in scheduled team meetings, offering feedback and suggestions.
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We'd like to see some evidence of your animation experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team).
Important to know: This opportunity is only available to those eligible to work in Canada. Preference for full-time permanent positions will be given to those located in Ontario (ideally Toronto or Ottawa). Since COVID began, we’ve been working remotely, and at this point we don’t see ourselves ever going back to the office full-time. We continue to have office space you’re free to work at, or to use for brainstorming sessions and meetings. Your day can start by hopping into our Google Workspace (from anywhere) to catch up on project chats, and ask your Producer what you should be focused on that day. You’ll be expected to participate in a quick daily standup with your Producer and team, and provide regular status updates.