Modeling and Texturing Artist
Vancouver Island /
We’re Relish, a group of interactive innovators committed to improving how people live, learn, work, and play. We immerse our clients’ customers into digital worlds that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We’re a tight, nimble team that does mighty things. Check out some of our recent projects here: https://reli.sh/animation/
We’re looking for a Modeling & Texturing Artist to support us on several ongoing projects. The M&T Artist's main function is to create the assets and characters that will populate the animated series, by combining a good knowledge of design, attention to detail, technical skills, and a strong understanding of the topology needed for animated performance.
Who are you?
- You’ve got experience with Autodesk Maya, having worked on at least two previous CG productions
- Your solid grasp of design principles has helped you Model and Texture assets in a variety of styles
- Your demo reel includes wireframes and showcases good topology, matching polygon density with movement areas, optimized with Animation in mind.
- You’re confident in your creativity and ability. You’re an effective and clear communicator that’s unafraid to ask great questions, identify solutions, and troubleshoot
- You view feedback from Rigging and Technical teams as an opportunity to refine, polish, and get the best performance from CG assets
- You’re a BC resident, and willing to work from our studio when it's safe to do so
Wait, what? That’s me! Tell me more. What would my day look like?
- Reporting to the Production Coordinator, and collaborating with members of our Canadian team, you’ll receive feedback from the Directors and Supervisors to bring a high level of technical proficiency while achieving looks in a variety of styles
- You’ll attend and participate in team meetings, and regularly communicate with the production team
- You’ll adapt to the tools specific to the production, and offer suggestions to refine or optimize the process to achieve the best possible CG performances
Yeah, I want in! How do we get started?
We thought you would. We need to see some evidence of your animation experience, how you’ve made an impact on other teams, and understand where you’re located (or if you’re willing to relocate to be a part of our team). Please be sure to include a link to your demo reel in your application! Apply today or send an email out to email@example.com if you’ve got questions.
Limited time offer! Don’t miss your shot!