Avionics Hardware Development Engineer
Mountain View, CA
We believe aircraft should fly themselves. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods—and eventually people—move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
As an Avionics Hardware Development Engineer at Reliable Robotics you will design, develop and test avionics hardware of complex automated systems for aircraft. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Provide engineering expertise in the design, development, and test of avionics hardware for aircraft.
- Subsystem design and prototyping, circuit board design, prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and signal characterization
- Own product development life cycles from concept through production
- Create manufacturing and test documentation/procedures supporting avionics equipment build, test, and qualification
- Coordinate vendor, equipment, and engineering contractor services
- Track hardware issues, drive root cause investigations, and take corrective actions for avionics systems
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of full cycle electronics hardware development experience in a professional environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar PCB design tools developing manufacturable and complex printed circuit board assemblies
- Experience with circuit bring up, rework, debug, and test
- Proven track record of shipping products and completing projects
- Ability to design, analyze, and qualify highly reliable electronic circuits to be used in harsh environmental conditions (i.e. RTCA/DO-160, MIL-STD-461/810, etc...)
- High speed digital design and signal integrity analysis experience covering CPU or FPGA centric board development
- Working understanding of programming or scripting languages (C, C++, Python)
- Experience designing and/or building cable harnesses and interconnect systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
Reliable Robotics offers stock options, full employee medical, guaranteed 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.