Perception Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
We believe aircraft should fly themselves. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods—and eventually people—move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
Reliable Robotics is seeking to hire a full-time Perception Software Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching and developing reliable and verifiable perception systems and algorithms for safety critical use cases in aviation. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with peers to establish perception system requirements
- Research and develop algorithms for addressing perception system requirements
- Develop perception system architecture
- Design and implement simple and reliable perception algorithms in flight software
- Develop simulation system for evaluation of perception algorithms
- Write comprehensive unit tests
- Test software in simulation, hardware-in-loop and flight
- MS in computer science, robotics or similar advanced degree
- 3+ years professional experience developing machine perception algorithms
- 5+ years experience developing C++ for embedded, high-performance or other critical applications
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience shipping a product
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems and networking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Reliable Robotics offers stock options, full employee medical, guaranteed 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.