Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Engineer (Controls)
Mountain View, CA
Guidance, Navigation and Control /
Full Time /
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As a Controls Engineer at Reliable Robotics, you will be part of the Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Team. You will contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of autoflight control laws for all phases of operation including autotaxi, auto-takeoff, and autoland.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish autoflight and flight control system requirements
- Architect and analyze the control laws, from conceptual design through implementation and certification
- Develop models in simulation for evaluation of the flight control system
- Implement control laws and algorithms in flight software
- Test flight software in simulation, Monte Carlo, hardware-in-loop, and flight
Basic Success Criteria
- BS in aerospace engineering, robotics, or equivalent field
- 5+ years of hands on, professional experience developing and testing flight controls algorithms
- Experience with flight dynamics simulation and model identification
- 2+ years professional experience with C/C++
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Success Criteria
- MS or PhD in aerospace engineering, robotics, or similar advanced degree
- Current pilot, instrument or commercial ratings a bonus
- Experience with flight controls, autopilot, or Flight Management System certification
We are developing and building high-integrity, safety-critical systems for automated flight, and your role is critical to what we do at Reliable Robotics. With the support of the entire team, you will be making key contributions to the autoflight system that drive our core company mission forward.
Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time. This position is based at our facility in Mountain View, California.
The estimated salary range for this position is $162,500 to $248,500. At Reliable Robotics, we strive to provide competitive and rewarding compensation based on experience and expertise, as well as market conditions, location, and pay equity.
In addition to base compensation, Reliable Robotics offers stock options, employee medical, 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.
This position requires access to information that is subject to U.S. export controls. An offer of employment will be contingent upon the applicant’s capacity to perform in compliance with U.S. export control laws.
All applicants are asked to provide documentation that legally establishes status as a U.S. person or non-U.S. person (and nationalities in the case of a non-U.S. person). Where the applicant is not a U.S. person, meaning not a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful permanent resident, (iii) refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or not otherwise permitted to access the export-controlled technology without U.S. government authorization, the Company reserves the right not to apply for an export license for such applicants whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code requires authorization and may decline to proceed with the application process and any offer of employment on that basis.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com