Electrical Engineer (Summer 2024 Internship)
Mountain View, CA
Avionics Hardware Engineering /
Seasonal - Intern
We're building safety-enhancing technology for aviation that will save lives. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
As an Avionics Hardware Development Intern at Reliable Robotics you will help design, develop and test complex avionics hardware for automated aircraft. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California.
- Design, development, and test of avionics and ground hardware
- Electronics prototyping, circuit board design, wiring design, prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and signal characterization
- Create manufacturing and test documentation/procedures supporting avionics equipment build, test, and environmental qualification
Basic Success Criteria
- Enrollment in an electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent 4-year or post-graduate degree program
- 2+ years of undergraduate studies
- Experience with Altium Designer (or similar)
- Experience with circuit bring up, rework, debug, and test
- Experience designing and/or building cable harnesses and interconnect systems
- Working understanding of programming or scripting languages (C, C++, Python)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Learn more about the internship experience at Reliable Robotics from former interns: link
The location of the position is in Mountain View, CA. No travel is required. The estimated annualized salary for this position is $84,000.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com