Mountain View, CA
Reliable Robotics believes aircraft should fly themselves. Highly reliable robotic aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more available, more affordable, and fundamentally transformative to the way goods--and eventually people--move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aviation, space, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
Reliable Robotics is seeking to hire a full-time Software Engineer. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California and report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Work with peers to establish requirements for software
- Work with peers to define software and system architecture
- Design and implement simple and reliable software
- Write great unit tests
- Test software in staging environment
- Operate, maintain and support software in production
- 4-year college degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience developing software for high-performance or mission-critical applications
- Fluency in one (or more) OO programming language at large scale (Python, C++, Java, etc)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience shipping product
- Experience with Realtime Distributed Data Management Systems
- Experience building highly available systems, with a focus on fault tolerance
- Ability to focus on systems architecture, building from the ground up
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems and networking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Reliable Robotics offers stock options, full employee medical, guaranteed 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.