Software Engineer (Data Services)
Mountain View, CA
We believe aircraft should fly themselves. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods—and eventually people—move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
As a Software Engineer (Data Services) at Reliable Robotics you will architect, design, and implement software to support the development, simulation, test, certification and operation of complex automated systems for aircraft. You will work on the real-time remote operation and monitoring systems that enable remote flight as well as the offline telemetry data management and analysis services. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California.
- Architect, design, and implement real-time, mission-critical, distributed, fault-tolerant, highly-available cloud data services used by remote operators during flight
- Design and implement offline aircraft telemetry data processing pipeline, data storage, and data retrieval services used by internal developers and analysts
- Design robust, future-proof aircraft telemetry schemas
- Automate jobs for post-flight/post-simulation data analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with cross-discipline team to: Establish requirements for software, define software and system architecture, test software in staging environment, and operate, maintain and support software in production
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience developing software for high performance or mission-critical applications
- Fluency in Python
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience building scalable, geographically distributed, datacenter fault-tolerant cloud applications
- Previous experience building offline data management systems
- Experience with the following: Python, AWS, Kafka, SQL Database such as PostgresQL, MySQL
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems and networking
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Reliable Robotics offers stock options, full employee medical, guaranteed 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.