Flight Software Engineer (Fall 2022 Internship)
Mountain View, CA /
Software Engineering /
We believe aircraft should fly themselves. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods — and eventually people — move around the planet. We are a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars working to make this future a reality.
Reliable Robotics has year-round internship opportunities for students pursuing a degree in computer science, electrical/computer engineering, robotics or a similar field of study. Successful candidates will work alongside senior engineers to design, develop and test production systems.
Reliable is currently interviewing candidates for the Fall 2022 internship period, spanning approximately September - December 2022. Please also apply if you're considering an internship further in the future and would like to learn more about us.
Learn more about the internship experience at Reliable Robotics from former interns: link
- Take ownership of software projects from design through implementation and test
- Implement elegant flight software for sensors, control systems, actuators, telemetry, fault handling and other vehicle subsystems
- Develop and enhance the software simulation framework that accelerates testing of safety-critical systems
- Work with peers to establish requirements for software
- Participate in peer review of system requirements, architecture, and software
- Plan and execute end-to-end system tests in simulation, on flight hardware in the lab, and in the air
- In-progress college degree in computer science, electrical/computer engineering, or similar
- Experience with C/C++
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, and networking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
The estimated annualized salary for this position is $92,000.
Reliable Robotics does not presently sponsor candidates for employment visas. In order to comply with export control regulations applicable to our technology and products, all candidates for this position must reside in the United States and be “U.S. persons” for purposes of the Export Administration Regulations (i.e., a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as refugees or granted asylum in the U.S.) or otherwise eligible to access our technologies without an export license.
At Reliable Robotics, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or medical conditions, national origin, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment and promotion is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org