Founding Engineer (ML)
Bay Area /
What we are building
Have you ever wondered if there was a way to predict if a new release is going to break a critical user journey? Are you feeling frustrated that regardless of how much testing is done before a release, you can’t seem to detect the issues that impact the Customer Experience before your users do?
If so, RelicX is the breakthrough solution you may be looking for. It uses AI/ML to continuously learn user behavioral patterns from live user interactions, automatically generates tests to validates user flow actions in the CI/CD pipeline, and scores the application release readiness based on the predicted CX-impact.
RelicX is co-founded by Sushil Kumar (CEO) and Gurashish Brar (CTO) who have several years of industry experience building and selling DevOps solutions at large companies like Oracle and Microsoft. Sushil ran a $200M DevOps business at CA Technologies/Broadcom as the General Manager, managing a team of 300+ spanning engineering, product management, marketing, and sales. Gurashish is an IIT/GeorgiaTech alumni who previously worked at Microsoft and BloomReach, and co-founded and sold his previous startup (Opas.ai) to Rubrik.
We are backed by Unusual Ventures and industry legends such as Jyoti Bansal (AppDynamics founder), John Vrionis (Lead investor in AppDynamics, Nicira, and Nimble Storage), and Ajeet Singh (ThoughtSpot founder CEO, Nutanix co-founder).
As a born-in-pandemic company, we operate a fully remote team with office locations in the San Francisco Bay Area and Bengaluru, India.
- You should have the domain knowledge and 3-5 years of experience in using Machine Learning, preferably in the customer experience analytics space
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Experience in running ML models in production, monitoring, continuous evaluation and tuning.
- Experience with data pipelines for image analysis is a plus
- Prior experience of building SaaS products will be a big plus. So, will a master degree in computer science.
- You care deeply about delivering high-quality experiences and approach development with a high degree of craft.
About the Role
- You will be building an AI solution that will leverage customer experience analytics to automate the workflow of a typical UI Test engineer or manual UI tester.
- You will learn application usage from real user activity, and automatically generate source code and provide visual validation of what is correct behavior.
- This involves analysis of unstructured user event streams to identify significant usage patterns of interest.
- Advanced image classification for judging the quality of a pre-release environment based on production quality.
- We are capturing real user data at a very large scale and we have a wealth of quality data available to train high precision models.
We are an employee-first company and offer a compelling compensation package that includes:
- Seed/Founding Stage Equity
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Generous PTO/Sick Leave