Senior VFX Artist
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Art – VFX Art
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior VFX Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
We are looking for a Senior Visual Effects Artist; a team player who has a significant experience creating high quality effects and optimizing them. We are looking for someone who isn’t afraid of taking extensive responsibility and is willing to take an active role in developing and coaching our highly passionate team of visual effect artists.
Combining artistic talent and technical ability, you know your way around particle editors and scripting, and compositing an effect comes naturally. You would be working closely with our Art Director and team lead in designing and implementing special effects using our internal tools.
Leave your mark in our upcoming games by setting up stunning visuals and final touches to everything from gameplay to cinematics and characters.
- Create and maintain particle systems and other gameplay specific effects and assets
- Take part in designing VFX workflows to reach higher quality efficiently
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- Be a mentor for juniors and less experienced artists in the team
Requirements and qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in game development
- Expert level understanding and knowledge of techniques used in game engines and real time visual effects
- Expert level proficiency within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package
- Knowledge of a fluid sim package (FumeFX, Houdini) is a big plus
- Experience with one or more scripting or programming languages is a huge plus
- Ability to learn new programs and tool chains quickly
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and work load reasonable, so your contributions feel valued.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your demo reel/portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a demo reel OR portfolio (or link to one) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.