Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Other – IT
As a full-time Build Manager, you will join Remedy’s shared services and work closely with our Build Engineer, Producers, QA and tools programmers to ensure the proper delivery of functional game builds. You will oversee the builds generation process for all our game projects, including initial planning and data management, daily builds state tracking, and final deliveries to dev teams and external partners. Always eager to learn and get a better understanding of game development cycles, you will also provide expert knowledge that will help increase game projects efficiency while keeping in mind the various constraints of production.
- Act as the main client of game building systems, working in close proximity with our Build Engineer to drive the development process of our software building tools.
- Help producers identify projects needs, define what game data will be embedded in the various work in progress builds depending on their purpose, and coordinate with the Build Engineer to formalize and maintain a builds generation plan.
- Ensure Milestone builds get properly generated, provide matching documentation and supervise their delivery to external partners.
- In coordination with our internal QA department, assist both internal teams and external partners (QA, marketing, etc.) in the deployment of functional game builds on all platforms.
- Configure and maintain all technical data required by the various game distribution platforms (Steam, Xbox Live, PSN, etc.).
- Plan the final SKU breakdown per region for each release platform, and provide the Build Engineer with necessary support to ensure a smooth generation and delivery of all release packages.
- Oversee the update process for both released and live-operated titles, including code patching, content updates, DLC’s, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Technical mindset with deep understanding of version control software (experience with Perforce would be a plus).
- Strong project management skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset.
- Experience with automated build management and continuous integration systems would be ideal (knowledge of TeamCity would be a plus).
- Previous experience in a production or QA testing role would be a plus (preferably in the game industry).
- Solid gaming culture and a passion for video games (special interest in Remedy games would be a plus).
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.