Senior Lighting Artist
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Art – Lighting Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Lighting Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
We are looking for an artist capable of bringing the best out of our environments and to combine artistic talent and technical ability with understanding on scripting and player guidance. You would be working closely with our Art Director and production teams in designing and implementing lighting set ups using our internal tools.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to play an important part in the creation of the overall aesthetics of our upcoming games and to leave your mark in them by setting up the lights to everything from levels to cinematics and characters.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working outside of Finland.
- Participate in environment production by setting up the lighting while making sure performance stays within the agreed budget
- Follow the development of rendering technology and work together with the rendering and tools team to improve our proprietary technology
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game; assist with finding and maintaining the vision for the levels.
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- Mentor and review the work of more junior members of the team in the use of good lighting techniques
Skills and experience needed to succeed in this role
- Demonstrable previous work as a Senior Lighting Artist or in equivalent role for 1st person/3rd person games
- Expert level understanding and knowledge of lighting techniques
- Experience in lighting photorealistic environments and characters
- A portfolio showcasing your naturalistic / cinematic lighting skills
- Expert level proficiency either within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package
- Strong understanding of physically based rendering
- Ability to learn new programs and tool chains quickly
- Clear verbal and written communication in English
- Ability to take criticism from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new secondary location in Stockholm, Sweden.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position.