Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Art – Technical Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Technical Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Do you enjoy creative problem solving? Do you thrive on designing and implementing workflows and tools?
As a Technical Artist at Remedy you will have the chance to play a key role in creating visually stunning games for all our players to enjoy! You will collaborate with cross functional teams both about creative and technical aspects of content creation, finding better solutions and developing better tools to aim for the best game experience possible.
In this role you will be an active member of as well as a mentor for our talented art team, and you will contribute significantly to shaping the future of our tech art craft.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- As a Technical Artist, you will design and implement procedural content systems and tools for our projects using industry standard DCCs as well as scripts and code.
- You enjoy creative problem-solving and in this role you will have the chance to create prototypes and iterate on your work by using our proprietary engine, Northlight
- You get to work within our VFX and Tech Art team, together with our Leads and Artists, to establish high performing content workflows
- In this role you will ensure that solutions are optimized following the aspired style, technical requirements and production constraints while creating and maintaining verbose workflow documentation and training materials for your work
What you bring to the role
- You have demonstrable previous work experience as a Technical Artist or in an equivalent role from the games or film industry
- You have a good understanding and knowledge of industry standard content creation tools: expert Houdini knowledge, and additional expertise in Maya, 3DSMax, Substance and Photoshop is welcomed
- You are familiar with game engines (Unreal, Unity etc.)
- You have experience in authoring of Shaders using GLSL/HLSL or relevant tooling
- You have solid scripting skills in python, Lua or any other language. Further coding skills are a welcomed addition
- You are self-motivated and proactive
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments.
- You can communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV/LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.