Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Design – UX
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a UX Designer for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Are you passionate about creating memorable gaming experiences through a fluid and consistent user experience? As a UX Designer you will work in close collaboration with multiple teams to ensure the best player experience for our players and also help to establish company-wide UX practices and methodologies.
- Collaborate with Game Designers on game features and controls to create a fluid and consistent player experience
- Come up with simple and user-friendly solutions to complex design problems and usability issues
- Design flows and layouts for the game’s user interface
- Communicate designs effectively through the use of wireframes, mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Work closely with UI developers to help get designs implemented into to the game
- Create functional prototypes to iterate designs
- Work closely with User Researchers to identify areas of improvement for the game
- Help establish and strengthen company-wide UX practices and methodology
What we expect from you:
- Proven experience as a UX Designer
- Proficiency with design tools (Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Strong portfolio design projects
- Excellent English communication skills
Ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience with game production pipelines and tools
- Interest towards cognitive science and human behaviour
- Interest or background in visual design
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and the cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form today. We will fill the position as soon as we find the right person. Include your CV as well as other information you think can be relevant to the position.