Environment Artist (Foliage)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Art – Environment Art
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for an Environment Artist (Foliage) for a key role working on Remedy’s projects
As an Environment Artist (Foliage), you’ll be part of a team creating high quality environments that contribute to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to closely work together with other artists and designers and creatively participate in all steps of the project. From early concept to final product.
- Be the expert in all foliage and other organic environment assets. Cooperate with others to push the quality bar as high as possible
- Be versatile. In addition of your primary expertise, you're also skilled in hard surface modeling and material creation
- Have a keen eye for realism and have the technological know-how to achieve this within the constraints of a real time game engine
- Work from concepts/references and expand them creatively.
- Follow deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a game artist.
- A portfolio that showcases excellent skills in creating nature as well as other type of assets from scratch
- Knowledge of Maya or equivalent software.
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Good high poly modelling skills.
- Experience with photogrammetry is a big plus
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. Please note that for us to be able to evaluate your application a portfolio (or link to one) needs to be attached to the application.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.