Senior Development Manager
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Development Manager for a key role working on Remedy projects.
Would you like to work with some of the most talented people in the gaming industry on our award-winning, story-driven games in one of the coolest countries of the world?
As a Senior Development Manager, you'll take part in all phases of our high-quality, ambitious game projects and thus get to participate in building Remedy's future success. If you are a great team player with excellent project management and communication skills and passionate about supporting our game teams, you might be the person we are looking for! For this senior role, we can consider remote working outside of Finland case by case.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
- Lead a team of developers running them through their project life cycle stages
- Be accountable and drive the delivery of your strike teams and assigned key processes.
- Plan and consistently deliver against project schedules, identify production risks or constraints, and troubleshoot dependency problems
- Plan and prioritize tasks that are clearly communicated to the teams you are responsible for
- Facilitate communication between the project teams, leads and other producers
- Actively optimize and improve work methods and best practices to drive team efficiency
- Stay aware of industry standards, both in terms of methodology and quality, and help team members stay on par or ahead of them when necessary
Requirements and qualifications
- Solid experience as a Development Manager/Producer with at least 1 PC/console game project shipped in a production-related position
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude with a team-oriented mindset
- High motivation and capacity to learn new skills, use new tools, and meet new people
- Knowledge of production management software tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new secondary location in Stockholm.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV/LinkedIn and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
We're looking forward to hearing from you soon!