(Senior) Technical Designer
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Technical Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Technical Designer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
Do you have a knack for solving logical and technical problems for non-technical game developers? Do you understand the daily lives of creative content creators as well as the technical realities of the tools and tech departments? Do you enjoy coming up with solutions for a wide range of implementation problems and technical difficulties faced by the development team on a daily basis? If your answer is yes, keep scrolling!
What you get to do
- As a Technical Designer at Remedy, you will be part of the Tech Design team, working on one or more of our ambitious projects. You will be in a key role, working alongside the different content departments and supporting them with technical implementation problems.
- You will act as a technical coach for the content teams where you advocate best practices and drive for production efficiency.
- You will be working with our proprietary Northlight engine, learning the tools we have in-game and in proprietary editors. You will work closely with our engine and gameplay team to improve tools and workflows for content creators.
What you bring to the role
- You are experienced in game or level design
- You’re skilled with scripting or programming
- You like problem-solving, you are proactive in reaching out to others and in finding solutions for the arising challenges
- You have a positive approach to helping other team members with technical problems and questions
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member you are dedicated to contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work.
- We appreciate any additional experience in shipping AAA titles for pc or console platform, experience working with Lua and optimizing content for consoles.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), work references/portfolio and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.