Senior Gameplay Designer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Gameplay Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is now looking for a Senior Gameplay Designer (F2P/GaaS) for an exciting new multiplayer game
If you are passionate about F2P / Games as a Service and like taking ownership of multiple gameplay systems, driving them from concept to final implementation in production levels and being responsible for their final quality in the hands of our passionate players, then this job is for you!
- Design, prototype and script core gameplay features under the direction of the Lead Designer and the Game Director.
- Take responsibility for key gameplay features, driving them from conception to full implementation and polish.
- Work with other content disciplines to ensure your features have the various feedback systems required to make in-game cause and effect clear to players.
- Create both high level feature overviews and technical specifications to communicate your ideas with other team members.
- Plan your work to ensure your features are delivered on time and to an exceptional level of quality.
- Mentor and review the work of more junior team members.
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in Senior Gameplay Designer roles on F2P / GaaS titles
- Solid experience with F2P design best practices with a focus on designing for Engagement and Conversion
- Experience with player motivational frameworks (PENS etc.) is a plus
- Ability to prototype and implement features using Unreal Blueprints and/or C++
- Ability to take constructive feedback from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment
- An amazing ability to communicate both verbally and in written form (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Passion for creating compelling player experiences
- Prototyping experience (e.g. Unreal/Unity)
- Interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS: you are an avid player of F2P/Gaas games
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.