Senior Level Designer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Design – Level Design
We are looking for a (Senior) Level Designer to join the Vanguard core game development team where you’d be responsible for the creation of compelling levels and memorable gameplay events in a live multiplayer environment.
Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all-new Remedy Entertainment experiences
- Create fun, memorable levels and gameplay events
- You will be expected to own level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
- Follow deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ years of experience as a level designer.
- Experience in Unreal Engine development
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic.
- Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Understand the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationships, narrative pacing as well as what makes a game level fun and intriguing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- Ability to take criticism from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prior experience with multiplayer games
- Prior experience in building live game services
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.