Senior AI Designer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Gameplay Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for a Senior AI Designer (F2P/GaaS) for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
As the Senior AI Designer you will design, prototype and script core AI features and collaborate with AI programmers to develop architectures and systems that enable the flexible creation of AI features. Ideally, you have worked in Senior AI Designer roles over one or more full life cycles of designing, building, releasing, and operating an online game as a service (GaaS).
- Design, prototype and script core AI features under the direction of the Lead Designer and the Game Director.
- Work with AI programmers to develop architectures and systems that enable the flexible creation of AI features.
- Assist Mission Designers in designing encounters and set pieces using gameplay systems.
- Take responsibility for key AI features, driving them from conception to full implementation and polish.
- Work with other content disciplines to ensure your features have the various feedback systems required to make in-game cause and effect clear to players.
- Create both high level feature overviews and technical specifications to communicate your ideas with other team members.
- Plan your work to ensure your features are delivered on time and to an exceptional level of quality
- Contribute to improving the AI technical roadmap for current and future projects at Remedy.
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior AI Designer or Senior Gameplay Designer on AI systems for 1st person/3rd person action games
- Experience taking at least one (preferably multiple) core feature(s) from concept to release
- Ability to prototype and implement features using Unreal Blueprints and/or C++
- Ability to take constructive feedback from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
- Self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft and making the best games possible
- Dedicated to contributing towards a friendly team environment
- An amazing ability to communicate both verbally and in written form (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Passion for creating compelling player experiences
- Prototyping experience (e.g. Unreal/Unity)
- Interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS: you like to play F2P/Gaas games in your free time
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, design portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.