(Senior) Engine UI Programmer
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Programming – Engine Programming /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a (Senior) Engine UI Programmer to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
As a (Senior) Engine UI Programmer, you will be working with highly talented team members to design, develop and deliver new features to our games. We are constantly seeking new ways to make our games better and we value everyone’s opinions and expertise for making the whole process from ideas to technology to final game more than the sum of its parts.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
For this role we can case-by-case consider remote working within Europe.
What you get to do
- Taking ownership of Northlight's UI technology stack. We currently use a middleware called Coherent Gameface, which is integrated into our rendering backend and core gameplay systems.
- Maintaining the integration and keeping library versions up-to-date, implementing new rendering features and ensuring that UI works across all of our platforms in a performant manner.
- Working with core game features by developing UI framework features on top of Coherent, such as menu navigation, data bindings, in-world UI, live-editing and other developer workflows, audio system integration, and input system integration.
- Implementing debugging tools for programmers and UI developers, such as performance analysis tools, memory analysis tools, and hooking to external tools provided by Coherent.
- Making release notes and communicating with game teams about changes and upcoming features.
- Supporting and helping game teams to implement game-specific features, such as 3D maps, HUDs, interaction markers, and features like the investigation board in Alan Wake 2.
- Supporting and helping front-end developers to profile performance and memory issues, helping with bugs, and being involved in the technical design of UI features.
- Communicating with Coherent support about bugs in the framework and analyzing performance metrics together with their engineers.
What you bring to the role
- Experience working on UI on PC/Console/AAA titles
- Strong experience with C++
- Experience working with rendering such as DirectX
- Helpful attitude and genuine interest for making performant and beautiful UI
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (in English) and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.