Junior User Researcher
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Other – User Research /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Junior User Researcher to create high quality gaming experiences for the next generation of games.
We are looking for a fixed-term Junior User Researcher to join our User Research team! As part of the team, you will work closely with the User Researcher Manager and User Researchers on all current and upcoming projects. You will assist in the conducting, analyzing, and reporting of user tests to inform Game Design and drive impactful improvements in the usability and playability of Remedy titles.
The position is based in our studio in Espoo, Finland, and is a full-time, fixed-term contract for a minimum of 6 months. We're open to discussing a traineeship or internship. It’s a great opportunity for someone looking to join the game industry to develop their skillset in User Research and impact the work on the highly anticipated game titles.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- As a part of the User Research team, you will assist User Researchers with planning, conducting, and analyzing research studies. Tasks range from recruiting users, moderating tests, assessing data, and writing reports.
- You will work with the teams within Remedy to define research goals, understand the intended design and ensure the research studies answer the right questions.
- You will gain a good understanding of Remedy's games in development, the needs of the team, the development pipeline, and design pillars.
- Summarize and communicate applicable test findings to key stakeholders and follow up to ensure their impact on design decisions.
What you bring to the role
- You have a degree in psychology, HCI, social sciences, or a related field. Exceptions can be considered for traineeships or internships.
- You have experience with user research methodologies (usability, interviews, surveys, observation), and conducting user research from studies and/or work.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- It is a plus if you have work experience in the gaming industry and a personal interest in a wide range of video game genres.
- You have good analytical skills, great attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and are able to document your work.
- You thrive working in an environment where you share feedback and learn from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you can communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way.
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our headcounter is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- Our studio is embracing hybrid work model that gives you the flexibility to work from home and have valuable face-to-face time with your colleagues. This role requires an on-site presence during playtests.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV (English), and other information relevant to the position. This position will be filled as soon as suitable applicants are found.