Senior Level Designer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Design – Level Design /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a (Senior) Level Designer for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
If you are passionate about F2P / Games as a Service and like taking ownership of multiple levels, driving them from concept to final implementation in production and being responsible for their final quality in the hands of our passionate players, then this job is for you!
- Create fun, memorable levels and gameplay events.
- You will be expected to own level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood.
- Follow deadlines and plan your own work accordingly.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- Experience in Unreal Engine development
- Ability to pitch level design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills
- Understanding of the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationships, narrative pacing as well as what makes a game level fun and intriguing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- Knowledge and experience of working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic
- Ability to take constructive criticism from leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
The ideal candidate will also have
- Demonstrated experience in Level Designer roles on F2P / GaaS titles
- Interest and understanding of F2P/GaaS: you are an avid player of F2P/Gaas games
- Prior experience with multiplayer games
- Prior experience in building live game services
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban etc.)
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional, and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the workload sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, design portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.