Senior Environment Artist
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Art – Environment Art
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Environment Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Senior Environment Artist you’ll be responsible for the creation of levels within a cross discipline team. Together with your art leads, you’ll have a major role in developing the look of the environments and contributing to the overall game experience. You’ll be able to be a big part of the creative process. From early concept to final product.
Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a game artist working for big screen projects and at least two shipped titles.
- Knowledge of 3Ds Max or equivalent software.
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Good understanding of game and level design.
- Good high poly modelling skills.
- Experience with creating PBR materials
- Ability to mentor and offer guidance to others.
- The ability to plan and deliver your work even under a tight deadline.
- Be proactive and self-motivated.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture.
- Experience of using level/ environment editors.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with photogrammetry.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.