Development Manager (Tech)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Development Manager (Tech) for a key role working in Remedy’s projects.
Northlight, our proprietary storytelling engine powering all Remedy games, has a critical role in ensuring the success of our current and future games. The Northlight team consists of more than 50 dedicated professionals including programmers, engineers, technical artists, technical designers and producers, all working together with the game teams to create intriguing game experiences.
Now we're looking for an experienced Development Manager to drive development efforts within the Northlight technology team and to enable the production of future blockbuster Remedy games. The person we are looking for has a strong technical background, experience preferably in game or software development and excellent team management and communication skills.
- Drive successful delivery of new engine features according to Northlight development roadmap
- Define and prioritize development plans for a number of Northlight sub-teams, in close collaboration with sub-team leads, Northlight management team and Remedy game teams
- Lead cross-team development programs for features which require coordinated efforts by multiple teams
- Identify and remove any blockers preventing the teams from achieving their goals
- Report development progress to Northlight management and other stakeholders
- Participate in continuous improvement of development processes and best practices
Requirements and qualifications
- Solid project management experience from game or software industry with proven delivery record
- Strong technical background e.g. in software development
- Fluent in agile methods and modern software development practices
- Holistic and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
The ideal candidate will also have
- Experience in programming
- Background in game industry
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.