Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Other – Marketing /
We are looking for a Communications Specialist to join the Remedy Publishing Team. You will work with the Community Manager and Communications Director, to whom you’ll report. You get to work on exciting global game projects like our two upcoming games with Epic Publishing that will set the world alight, the award-winning Control franchise, the mysterious CrossfireX / CrossfireHD and multiplayer genre-defining Vanguard, as well as the Remedy brand. This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced team and a world-renowned studio that has the attention of the global gaming audience.
We are looking for an experienced, proactive individual to join our Publishing team to help the Communications Director and Community Manager’s workload so they can take a break once in a while. You will play a key part in both internal and external Remedy communications and ensure the Remedy brand and our games are correctly represented and that information… flows.
You are expected to be detail-oriented, value high quality work and stick to deadlines when they constantly change around us. We want someone who is keen to solve problems as they come up and before they can escalate. You are someone who understands that we live and work in a global, multicultural environment and need to keep many perspectives in mind when we communicate.
You love video games and follow the culture, but have a wider perspective into industry matters. Perspective is good. Having interests outside of video games is great, too – our team has a birdwatcher, a home brewing enthusiast, a passionate cyclist and a guy who likes to stand in line in the rain for 12 hours to cop some Supreme. Liking old school hip hop is a good thing.
- Working with the Communications Director and Community Manager to ensure that Remedy's internal studio and external communications, community and marketing work is of consistently high quality
- Managing and coordinating production of a variety of marketing and PR assets for internal and external needs
- Creating documentation, including guides, fact sheets, FAQs, patch notes, PR bibles, KBYGs, marketing copy and internal comms
- Producing assets for PR beats and social media accounts
- Information gathering for reports on coverage of Remedy and our games
- Demo and event coordination (demo and staff scheduling, building timetables, etc)
- Assisting with creating and managing press and influencer relationships
- Serving as a company spokesperson when required
- Assisting with the setup and production of Remedy's live streams
- Variety of other tasks to be determined
Requirements and qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Strong content creator (blog posts, FAQ’s, marketing copy, etc.) with an eye for detail
- Superb communication and presentational skills, both spoken and in writing
- Experience in working with individuals, partners and teams with differing needs and ensuring the communication flows between all parties
- Adept at operating in a high-pressure, fast-paced working environment where change is constant. Can-do attitude is expected
- Ability to produce your own work and assist with others’ work on schedule
- Comfortable on camera and with public speaking
- Great using MS Office suite, Slack, Zoom, Photoshop, OBS (or Streamlabs)
- Good understanding of video games technology and terminology
The ideal candidate would also have
- Relevant experience in communications, journalism, and/or related fields within the video game and/or entertainment industry
- Knowledge of languages other than English
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
If you are interested, go ahead and apply today. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found. To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.