Senior Environment Technical Artist
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Art – Environment Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Environment Technical Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Do you want to be a part of making the most of the environments in those abnormal, twisted worlds that we here at Remedy so love to create? As a Senior Environment Technical Artist, you will play a key role in world building, creating visually stunning environments for all our players to enjoy!
Your work will focus on designing worldbuilding tools and optimization to improve the environment art team’s efficiency. You will get the chance to work closely with both the Northlight and the Environment team, so we are looking for you who has humble and empathetic approach and enjoy working in close collaboration with highly skilled people from different crafts.
In this role you will be an active member of our talented art team, and you will have the chance to contribute significantly to shaping the future of our environment tech art craft.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- Develop standards for efficient content generation
- Taking part in building tools with a focus on design, to improve the environment art team’s efficiency
- Setting up and maintaining content creation pipelines, workflows and best practices
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game, tools, etc.
- Drive framerate and content optimization of the game
- Produce and maintain documentation of tools, processes and engine limitations
- Conduct training for artists regarding content creation standards and practices
What you bring to the role
- You have a strong technical background in triple-A art production processes
- You have demonstrable proficiency in scripting in Python (and/or C#)
- You are used to working with and have a good understanding of Graphic Rendering Pipelines and performance profiling
- You have experience with environment art content pipelines and DCCs (Maya, Substance, Houdini...)
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear and coherent way. As a team member, you are dedicated to contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- You can also work independently, being organized and able to document your work
- It's also beneficial, but not a requirement, if you have experience building open worlds/open areas environments. Knowledge about Universal Scene Description (USD) and Procedural workflow experience
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV/LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.