Lead VFX Artist
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Art – Technical Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Lead VFX Artist to join their team
Do you enjoy creating stunning visuals? Do you thrive on looking after a team? Are you keen to collaborate with other artists to develop and implement rewarding and memorable VFX on one of our projects?
Join us to be a Lead Visual Effects Artist at Remedy,guide and mentor a team of artists and create high quality, real-time visuals for AAA level projects.
As a Lead VFX Artist, you are a person that enjoys and contributes to our friendly and inclusive work environment. You are self-motivated and proactive, with a dedication to improving your craft and supporting your team members' development.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. We at Remedy value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
What you get to do
- As a Lead VFX Artist you will proactively drive the VFX team on one of our AAA projects, following the project’s artistic direction and within production deadlines.
- You are an expert in your field, and you will own and drive visual development as well as implementation on core VFX features
- You are a leader and team player. You will look after other artists in your team and guide
What you bring to the role
- You are an experienced Principal/Lead VFX Artist, that previously worked in the game development or similar industry
- You have at least one shipped AAA title/project in a leading capacity or similar responsibility
- You have experience in Visual Development creating real-time VFX with industry standard workflows
- You are experienced in managing other artists and handling the delivery of their work
- You excel in interpreting and transforming abstract ideas into compelling effects
- You know how to give feedback, and relay and address notes from art direction
- You can take constructive feedback from publishers, directors, leads and/or other team members and channel it into improving the product
- You know how to work within a managed production environment with time management, schedules, prioritization of work and related organizational needs
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas, mentoring as well as learning from others.
- You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you can communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated towards a friendly and inclusive work enviro
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV/LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.