Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Xdev /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Development Coordinator for a key role at Remedy.
Do you enjoy managing and prioritising tasks, resolving issues, balancing deadlines, assessing risks and communicating with a multitude of stakeholders? If yes, you might want to read further.
The dynamic and multi-faceted role of Development Coordinator offers you a great opportunity to help our growing External Development team (Xdev) succeed. The XDev team supports Remedy’s project teams to scale with selected partners to meet their full potential. Therefore Xdev plays an integral part in Remedy's project strategy moving forward, and you will get to be part of that journey.
As our Development Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting with managing XDev internal projects to ensure all needs are met and to deliver them on time, budget and quality. Furthermore, you will help in handling the day to day operations of the XDev team. Development Coordinators are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the internal team from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication.
- Support and manage planning of XDev internal projects
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals
- Provide transparency to the Xdev team and project leadership - reporting risks around development velocity and staffing
- Help create and evaluate existing processes, and improve them to support the team
- Prioritise tasks, identify dependencies, remove blockers and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Identify, mitigate and drive issues and risks towards resolution
- Ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and people educated in expectations on the workflow
Requirements and qualifications
- 2+ years of project management experience, preferably in games or software development industry
- Knowledge and experience using a toolkit of development methodologies
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organisation with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
The ideal candidate would also have
- Certifications in project management
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your LinkedIn/CV and other information relevant to the position.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.