Senior Concept Artist
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Art – Concept Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Senior Concept Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
- You will support the art direction and production design of the game world from its environments, to the objects and characters that inhabit it
- Research and develop your concepts to support and communicate the design philosophy
- Keep artistic style consistent with defined visual style for the game; assist with finding and maintaining the vision for the levels.
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines
- Ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game
- Mentor and review the work of more junior members of the team in terms of techniques and style of the game
Requirements and qualifications
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Concept Artist in the game, film, animation or other related industry
- A portfolio that showcases your skills in creating compelling imagery with a considered design approach
- Strong ability for broad research and exploration process in design development
- Foundation skills in traditional drawing and painting and use of Photoshop
- Eye for composition, lighting, color and value
- Ability to work with critical feedback and review of work
- Positive attitude to improving, researching and learning productive techniques for improving concept quality and process
The ideal candidate will also have
- Interest for military aesthetics
- Understanding of game production processes
- Ability to visualize work in a 3D package
What is in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV/LinkedIn and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.