Environment Artist (Vanguard)
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Art – Environment Art /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the world’s leading independent game studios is looking for an Environment Artist for an exciting new online multiplayer game.
From Cauldron Lake, Monarch HQ to the Oldest House; the environments our artists skillfully craft play a critical part in the world building and setting of the story of our games. We are now looking for an Environment Artist to join us in creating unique environments in our Vanguard project
In this role you will be closely collaborating with our level architects and consulting them on composition and art during the block-out phases of the levels and then with environmental storytelling in mind you will be populating those areas with assets bringing the environments to life by taking them from whitebox stage to final quality.
We enthusiastically welcome diverse viewpoints and backgrounds. At Remedy we value and are committed to ensuring an inclusive and safe work environment for all our team members.
Join us working on the next Remedy experience!
What you get to do
- Be an important part of the environment creation by setting up the environments in collaboration with your level team. You enjoy creative problem-solving by creating prototypes and iterating on the levels using Unreal 5
- As an Environment Artist, you are capable of providing guidance when it comes to composition and the art style of the levels as well as taking a whitebox level and with assets bringing it to final quality that matches the art direction
- Advise, review and provide feedback and guidance to external development on maintaining the quality and art style of assets
- Proactively communicate with different departments and provide accurate time estimations for your work
What you bring to the role
- You have previous work experience as an Environment Artist, 3D artist, or in equivalent role
- You have good understanding of shape, composition, and layout
- You're an experienced UE user
- You are familiar working either within Maya, 3DS Max or other 3D software package and have good technical understanding of game engines
- You are self-motivated and proactive with a dedication to improving your craft
- You actively follow the development of environment creation technology with special interest in proceduralism and UE5
- You thrive working in a team environment, sharing ideas and learning from others. You are used to collaborating with colleagues across different departments and you are able to communicate and present your ideas in a clear way. As a team member you are dedicated contributing towards a friendly and inclusive work environment
- Additionally, background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture and experience of using level/environment editors are beneficial in this role
What is in it for you
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV or LinkedIn (in English) and other information relevant to the position.