Back-end Developer (Vanguard)
Espoo, Finland or Stockholm, Sweden /
Programming – Back-end Development /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Back-end Developer to join an exciting new online multiplayer game.
As a Back-end Developer you will be a part of the core Vanguard game development team sharing your expertise and best practices with the team and participating the creation of the best technical solutions for live multiplayer game experiences. You will get to work with modern tools, in a truly international work environment with limitless possibility to learn and deepen your knowledge. Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all new Remedy Entertainment experiences!
What you get to do
- Work as part of the Vanguard team on our "games as a service" backend (GaaS)
- Implement a robust, scalable microservice based architecture
- Implement changes and new features as required
- Your work style should include writing tests to your code, communicating technical solutions fluently in English and making solutions that are easy to maintain
What you bring to the role
- Strong programming skills with professional experience in backend services (prior gaming experience not essential)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in relevant languages (C++, Golang, C# etc.)
- Prior experience in Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure)
- Advanced knowledge of microservices architecture
- Strong database experience with preferably both SQL and NoSQL
- Previous experience with implementation of RESTful interfaces and / or message queues
- You know what it takes to make your code clean and optimal, how to make SQL databases to run fast and when NoSQL database is superior
- Ideally you also have prior experience in Unreal Engine development, working with containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes etc.), building live game services and participating in a full life cycle of designing, building, releasing and maintaining online games in back-end engineering role.
What is it in for you?
- At Remedy you get to work on awesome, memorable gaming experiences for our players, in a studio where your input is valued and your creative freedom is encouraged.
- We work in an environment that values both individual and teamwork, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard & workload stays sensible. We believe in and support work-life balance. Happy people work better!
- We offer an extensive set of employee benefits and an annual bonus system as well as opportunities for you to develop your skills further. On top of this, in Finland and Sweden you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation, in addition to public holidays and other special occasions.
- Our studio is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, a safe country with exceptional quality of life, free education and pristine nature at your doorstep. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else!
- If you are based in Sweden, we also welcome candidates to our new location in Stockholm.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position.