Senior Manager (PMO)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Production /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Manager to join our PMO team.
Passionate about keeping things orderly? Do you get joy from helping others succeed? Perhaps you’re already on Project Management track outside games and have wondered what it would be like? Here’s your chance to experience it from a position that’s at the center of it all!
Remedy's Portfolio Management Office (PMO) establishes oversight on project key metrics and schedules, monitors and controls our projects against the agreed objectives while coordinating corrective measures. We develop Remedy's project management competence by training and mentoring, and providing the necessary processes and the right project management tools. Our team also operates studio's talent allocation process helping game teams in finding the right talent at the right time, and ensuring everyone is allocated with meaningful work. Ultimately, PMO aims to make sure information flows between all stakeholders in the studio, and that the required portfolio level actions take place.
As Senior Manager (PMO), you will be responsible for building and operating the Remedy PMO with close alignment with our Head of PMO. On our team, you will work surrounded by supportive, experienced game developers that have a strong passion for creating great games.
- Participate in building and operating the PMO:
- PMO's work is never done. We're constantly developing our ways of working to provide better value to our internal customers. It is our responsibility to make sure that all processes related to a project's lifecycle are carried out in the most efficient and effective manner while simultaneously upholding a given set of standards. To accomplish this, PMO will need to create new and improve pre-existing processes, and continually reevaluate whether our work meets the applicable standards and engage in problem solving with other managers and stakeholders.
- Facilitate Project Planning:
- Work with stakeholders and project owners to implement PMO processes and advise them on Stage Gate activities, portfolio level priorities, and project staffing so that each project can hit the ground running with minimal wasted time and resources
- Manage portfolio risks, facilitate project risk management and quantification of monetary risk and impact. Conduct risk management in projects, including organising, directing and moderating risk management workshops
- Serve as liaison between game teams and PMO, working to understand game team needs to develop thoughtful and innovative solutions
- Prepare budget outlines and financial reports to executives when required
- Successful candidate has the ability to focus on details and technicalities while simultaneously retaining a comprehensive vision of the big picture. You also work well under pressure, have great interpersonal skills and can juggle several different projects and responsibilities with ease and composure. In addition to these broad skills and personal traits we are looking for the following:
- 7-10 years of project or program management experience in working in an environment of global, complex, multi-disciplinary projects at large multinationals, ideally with a background in software product development as well as business
- You've kept yourself updated on Agile and Lean methodologies, and your Enterprise level implementation experience has given you pragmatic understanding on Change Management
- You have functional experience in Finance, IT, HR, Recruiting or other internal functions, in order to be able to challenge and translate insights into the Portfolio
- You have strong presentation skills with experience presenting to and influencing Senior Leadership
Ideal candidate would also have
- Experience working in a structured PMO
- Any project methodology certification is an added value (PMP/PRINCE2/IPMA)
- General understanding of games or entertainment industry
What's in it for you?
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
- This position is based in Helsinki metropolitan area in Finland, where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. If you're not already in Finland, our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.