Development Manager (Xdev Team)
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland /
Production – Outsourcing /
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Control®, Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally®, and one of the leading independent game studios in the world, is looking for a Development Manager for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
The role of the Development Manager is dynamic and multi-faceted, requiring strong communication skills, a solid ability to prioritize tasks, balance multiple deadlines, and have knowledge of how to excel while working with a multitude of internal teams. The Development Manager will be responsible for assisting with managing scope for an individual project to ensure all needs are met to deliver on time and on budget, and help in managing the day to day operations of the XDev team. Development Managers are the keepers of the project schedule and help move the internal development teams from one project phase to the next while ensuring collaboration and communication.
- Support and manage planning in all development stages of production
- Partner with production to manage scope, quality and capacity
- Establish and assign task goals from defined project goals
- Provide transparency to Xdev and project leadership - reporting risks around development velocity and staffing
- Create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve process to support the team
- Prioritize tasks, identifies dependencies, assesses risks, removes blockers and balances the business needs versus technical constraints and send weekly status reports.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to drive team efficiency and quality improvements
- Priorities and resolve issues through creative problem solving skills; recognizing and balancing priorities of eliminating the root causes of problems
- Identify, mitigate and drive all risks and issues towards resolution.
- Establish project schedule and lead across multiple geographical locations to delivery dates
- Ensure all workflows are clearly defined, processes are documented, and people educated in expectations on the workflow.
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ years project management in an AAA studio
- Knowledge and experience using a deep toolkit of development methodologies, and experience in adapting to new situations
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organisation
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Ability to learn quickly and retain high level of detail
- Experience working with external teams is considered an asset
- Experience with JIRA
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.